You’ve got to try this easy, low-carb pepperoni pizza version of the famous keto “Chaffle”! Keto pizza chaffles are quick to prepare, and make a fast and easy low-carb lunch!
Easy Keto Pizza Chaffle
With this recipe, you enjoy the traditional flavors of a classic pizza without the carbs!
- Subscribe Today for the April box!
- Starts at $36 + FREE Shipping
- Exclusive monthly coupons to your favorite keto snacks
- FREE 28 day meal plan
Instead of an almond flour or fathead dough pizza crust, this recipe uses a chaffle to form the base of our pizza.
Chaffles are great because they only require two ingredients — egg and cheese. Plus, they take less than 5 minutes to make. That means you’re less than 10 minutes away from delicious keto pizza!
Can You Eat Pizza on the Keto Diet
Sure, you can have pizza on the keto diet, you just need to find the right recipe. For example, a quick google search will turn up lots of different crust ideas that are low-carb and keto-friendly. I’ve seen chicken pizza crust, almond flour pizza crust, coconut flour pizza crust, and even cauliflower pizza crust.
But in this recipe, we’re using an Italian herb and cheese chaffle for the crust. Keto chaffles make a great pizza crust because they are so fast and easy to make. With this recipe, there’s no need to go through the trouble of making fathead dough or cooking cauliflower.
Keto Pizza Toppings
Most pizza toppings can be keto-friendly. Cheeses like mozzarella and Parmesan are great to use. So are meats like pepperoni, sausage, and bacon. Just take a look at the package ingredients and make sure there aren’t any added sugars.
You can add veggies to your keto pizza as well. Some veggie topping ideas include:
- black olives
- green bell peppers
- herbs, like oregano and basil
If you want to see more about the carb count of your favorite vegetables, check out this guide: The Ultimate Guide to Keto Friendly Veggies
How to Make Keto Pizza Chaffles
The first thing you’ll need to do to make pizza chaffles is to make your chaffle crust. Luckily, making chaffles is so quick and easy. Start to finish, it takes less than 5 minutes.
A keto chaffle is a waffle made from two basic ingredients: egg and shredded cheese. For a chaffle pizza crust, you can use mozzarella cheese and flavor the mixture with garlic powder and Italian herbs.
The only piece of kitchen equipment you need to make these keto chaffles is a waffle maker. I’ve made chaffles successfully in a normal size Belgian waffle maker. And, I’ve made smaller size chaffles in a mini waffle maker. I’ve had the most success using this Dash Mini Waffle Iron to cook chaffles. It is the perfect size to cook them quickly and make them crispy.
Then, after the chaffle crust is ready, you can top your pizza with any toppings you like. For this recipe, I’ve added a tablespoon of keto tomato sauce, some shredded mozzarella cheese, a few pepperoni, and a sprinkle of fresh basil.
For even more information about chaffles, and my original Cheddar Chaffle recipe, click here: Easy Keto Chaffles Recipe (5 Minute Cheddar Waffles!)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 tsp Italian Herb blend
- pinch garlic powder
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 6 pepperoni (optional)
- Preheat the waffle maker according to manufacturer instructions. Preheat the oven to 400.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together egg, cheddar cheese, garlic, and herbs. Stir until well combined.
- If using a mini waffle maker, pour one half of the waffle batter into the waffle maker. (Use all of the batter for a large Belgian waffle maker.)
- Cook for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Repeat with the second half of the batter.
- Top the chaffle crusts with tomato sauce, cheese, and pepperoni. Place on a small baking sheet and bake in the oven until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
- If you are using a larger size waffle maker, you may be able to cook the whole amount of batter in one waffle. This will vary with the size of your machine.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 2
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 238Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 143mgSodium: 554mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 17g
The nutrition information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. Carb count will vary with different ingredients and brands. It should not be considered as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Pin this Recipe
Save this recipe to your Keto Recipes board on Pinterest so that you can come back and find it later!