I love easy keto dinner recipes that can be cooked – all at once — on a sheet pan. And these sheet pan chicken fajitas are one on the easiest, healthiest weeknight dinners to have come out of my oven! This one-pan dinner recipe is so simple to make, and something your whole family will enjoy.
Easy Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
I love the convenience of cooking all the ingredients together on one sheet pan. Simple, quick, hands-off cooking. It’s a good way to get dinner on the table for busy families. 10 minutes to prep and less than half and hour in the oven.
Bonus points: these keto fajitas are low carb, paleo, and Whole 30 approved!
How to Make Sheet Pan Fajitas
Here’s what you’ll need for easy sheet pan chicken fajitas.
Chicken Thighs. I prefer chicken thighs in this, and in most recipes. Thighs have a higher fat content than breasts — a bonus for keto dieters — and tend to stay juicier in recipes. That said, if you’d rather use chicken breasts — that’s okay too! You might need to reduce the cooking time by a couple of minutes.
Bell Peppers. Red, yellow, orange or green – it’s up to you.
Seasoning. I like to make my own fajita seasoning with cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. If you like spicier fajitas, try adding some cayenne pepper.
Are Peppers and Onions Keto?
One-half cup of sliced bell peppers has about 2 grams of net carbs. And one-third cup of sliced onions has about 3 grams of net carbs. Because peppers and onions do contain more sugar than other vegetables, you won’t be able to eat unlimited amounts of them. But a healthy serving of these keto fajitas will definitely fit into your meal plan.
How to make Sheet Pan Fajitas?
First, slice your veggies into half inch strips. Toss with a tablespoon of oil and salt to season.
Then, we make the fajita seasoning. Combine your spices – cumin, chili powder, paprika, and cayenne pepper — with salt in a small bowl, and stir to combine.
Next, slice chicken thighs into strips. Aim for three-quarter inch widths. If you cut your chicken evenly, it will cook evenly.
Add the chicken strips to a bowl and toss with oil and the fajita seasoning.
And finally, we add everything to the sheet pan. I like to add the veggies first, and the chicken on top. Everything goes into the oven for 20-25 minutes, until the veggies are softened and the chicken is cooked through.
I hope you will love this recipe! It’s
Easy to make
Perfect for large families
What to serve with Keto Fajitas
Keto fajitas are delicious garnished with lime juice, cilantro, sour cream and avocado slices. You can serve keto chicken fajitas with cauliflower rice or even keto tortillas.
Into keto chicken recipes? Be sure to check out our other chicken recipes.
I’m sure this Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas recipe will be a dish that you will want to add to your dinner rotation often.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #greenandketo on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- 1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch strips
- 3 medium bell peppers, deseeded, cored and sliced into ¼-inch strips
- 1 small white onion, sliced into ¼-inch pieces
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- ½ cup sour cream, optional, omit for Whole30
- 1 avocado
- 1. Preheat oven to 400. Spray a large baking sheet with non-stick spray, or line with foil.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine salt, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, and cayenne pepper. Stir to combine.
- 3. In a large mixing bowl, add peppers, onions, chicken, oil, and seasoning mix. Toss to combine until chicken and veggies are well coated.
- 4. Spread the chicken and veggies evenly onto the prepared baking sheet.
- 5. Cook in the preheated oven for 20-25, until veggies are tender and chicken is cooked through. Chicken is done when it registers 165.
- 6. Garnish with lime juice, and serve with sour cream and avocado.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 610 Total Fat: 52g Saturated Fat: 10g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 40g Cholesterol: 150mg Sodium: 753mg Carbohydrates: 11g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 3g Protein: 29g