Try this delicious Keto BLT sandwich made with Chaffle “bread”. With all of that crispy bacon, juicy tomato, and fresh lettuce, you won’t miss the carbs at all! Chaffle BLT sandwiches are the best new low-carb lunch idea!
Keto BLT Sandwiches made with Chaffles
Just because bread is off the table, doesn’t mean you have to miss out on your favorite BLT sandwich!
This delicious keto lunch idea combines crispy bacon, juicy tomatoes, and fresh lettuce with one of the internet’s most popular keto recipes: the chaffle.
Skip the bread and enjoy all the flavors you love in a BLT!
Ingredients in a Chaffle BLT
You already know that veggies and bacon are keto-diet go-to ingredients. But what’s the bread that’s holding this sandwich together? It’s a chaffle.
A chaffle is a fantastic low-carb alternative to bread. It’s the perfect keto swap for making delicious sandwiches. It’s made from two basic ingredients: egg and shredded cheese. Yes, that’s it!
If you like, you can even change up the flavor of your chaffle bread by using different cheese or adding herbs and spices. And, if you want the best tasting sweet chaffles, start with a milder tasting cheese like mozzarella. You’ll have to try them out and see what you think for yourself!
For more info and tips about making chaffles, check out this post: Easy Keto Chaffles Recipe (5 Minute Cheddar Waffles!)
How to Make Chaffles for Sandwiches
Making chaffle bread for sandwiches is easy and fast — from start to finish it will take about 5 minutes.
The only special piece of kitchen equipment you need to make these keto chaffles is a waffle maker. Although I have made chaffles successfully in a normal size Belgian waffle maker, I’ve had a lot easier time using this Dash Mini Waffle Iron. It is the perfect size to cook them quickly.
The mini waffle maker will make 2 pieces of bread out of 1 egg and 1/2 cup of cheese. And, the smaller size helps the chaffles get nice and crispy.
Variations on Keto Chaffle Sandwiches
Keto chaffles are so versatile. You can serve them in many different ways.
- For breakfast, make a bacon and egg breakfast sandwich with two mini chaffles.
- For lunch, make a BLT chaffle sandwich. Use a chaffle as a hot dog bun. Or, fill a cheesy chaffle with my favorite keto chicken salad.
- At dinner, you use chaffles as the crust for Keto Pizza. Or, use them as an amazing hamburger bun!
For the chaffles
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
For the sandwich
- 2 strips bacon
- 1-2 slices tomato
- 2-3 pieces lettuce
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- Preheat the waffle maker according to manufacturer instructions..
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together egg and shredded cheese. Stir until well combined.
- Pour one half of the waffle batter into the waffle maker. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Repeat with the second half of the batter.
- In a large pan over medium heat, cook the bacon until crispy, turning as needed. Remove to drain on paper towels.
- Assemble the sandwich with lettuce, tomato, and mayonnaise. Enjoy!
- If you are using a larger size waffle maker, you may be able to cook the whole amount of batter in one waffle. This will vary with the size of your machine.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 2
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 238Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 143mgSodium: 554mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 17g
Pin this Post
Save this post to your keto recipes board on Pinterest so that you can come back and find it later!