Creamy Mushroom Chicken Skillet with Parmesan and Bacon
This is one of those special dinner recipes that comes together so quickly, and yet somehow still tastes like a restaurant quality meal.
Easy Keto Chicken Recipe
This dish is a one-pan wonder. Chicken thighs are browned and simmered in a rich sauce of heavy, mushrooms, garlic and bacon. Did I mention the bacon?
You are going to love this recipe because it tastes rich and luxe — but is still easy enough to make on a weeknight.
This creamy mushroom chicken recipe is your next favorite keto chicken recipe.
How to make Creamy Mushroom Chicken
This 9 ingredient recipe starts with skinless boneless chicken thighs. Could you use skin-on or bone-in chicken thighs? Sure! For me though, I love how quickly the boneless pieces cook — and I’m all about saving time in the kitchen.
So, do you have 30 minutes? Great. You can make this dish because it is not fancy. Does it taste like it came from a restaurant? Yes. Can you make it at home? Yes!
Ingredients for Creamy Keto Mushroom Chicken
Here’s what you need for the recipe.
- Chicken thighs, the hero of this story.
- Fresh garlic. Crush the cloves with the side of your knife, or easier still, use a microplane to grate them into a paste.
- Bacon. Sugar free and uncured, if you can find it.
- Mushrooms. I like cremini in the recipe, but regular button mushroom are still wonderful.
- Heavy cream and fresh Parmesan. Bring on the dariy.
- Salt, pepper, and parsley to garnish. As you do.
How to make Creamy Mushroom Chicken Keto
First, we season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper on both sides.
Then, we’ll cook the chicken in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken 5-7 minutes until the first side is golden brown. Flip pieces and cook the other side 3-5 minutes until it is golden brown as well.
At this point, your chicken thighs should be cooked through. I like the take the internal temperature, just to double check. If you do too, your thermometer should register 165.
Once the chicken thighs are done, remove from skillet and set them aside while you make the sauce.
Using the same skillet, cook the bacon until it just begins to crisp. Go ahead and scrape up all those brown bits — which will give the sauce such good flavor!
Add the garlic and mushroom, and then pour in the cream and Parmesan. Simmer and stir for about 2 minutes. We’re looking for the sauce to bubble and thicken slightly.
Add the chicken back into the pan, stir into the sauce, and garnish with parsley and shaved or grated parmesan, if desired.
I hope you LOVE this recipe! It’s:
- Easy to make
- & Super delicious
What to serve with Creamy Mushroom Chicken
This would make the entrée to serve with a simple green vegetable tossed in olive oil. Try it with roasted broccoli, kale salad, or simple pesto zoodles.
Into keto chicken recipes? Be sure to check out our other chicken recipes.
I’m sure this Healthy Mushroom Chicken Skillet recipe will be a dish that you will want to add to your family’s menu often.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #greenandketo on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
FOR THE CHICKEN:
- 6 chicken thighs, skinless, boneless
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
FOR THE CREAM SAUCE:
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 4 ounces diced bacon
- 14 ounces sliced brown mushrooms
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Fresh parsley to garnish
- Fresh shaved or grated parmesan to garnish
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken 5-7 minutes. Flip pieces and cook the other side 3-5 minutes until golden brown, and cooked through. Internal temperature should register 165.
- Once the chicken is done, remove from skillet; set aside.
- Using the same skillet, cook the bacon until just beginning to crisp.
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring frequently, about 1 minute.
- Add in the mushrooms and cook until mushrooms begin to soften.
- Pour in the cream and Parmesan, stirring frequently, until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken back into the pan, stir to coat.
- Garnish with parsley and shaved or grated parmesan, if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 734 Total Fat: 52g Saturated Fat: 24g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 26g Cholesterol: 312mg Sodium: 1333mg Carbohydrates: 11g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 4g Protein: 58g