These keto cheese buns are so yummy, and they are the perfect alternative to lettuce wraps or traditional roles.
If you’re tired of eating burgers and sandwiches on lettuce wraps, you’re going to love these keto cheese buns. They’re so easy to make, they’re low-carb, and they’re gluten-free. There’s nothing better than being able to enjoy your favorite foods while still staying consistent with your diet.
Not only do these make great sandwich buns, but they’re also a great side dish to any entre. These would pair wonderfully with creamy cauliflower soup or even tomato soup.
How to make Keto Cheese Buns:
The ingredients you’re going to need to make Keto Cheese Buns:
- Almond flour – This is the base of these Keto Cheese Buns. Almond flour is low-carb and gluten-free, which makes it a great substitute for wheat flour in keto recipes.
- Eggs – Eggs are going to create structure and stability in these cheese buns. Almond flour tends to make food crumbly, so eggs are needed in order to hold the buns together.
- Mozzarella cheese – Mozzarella cheese is going to give a cheesy flavor and a creamy texture to these delicious rolls. If you’re looking for a low-calorie option, opt for low-fat mozzarella cheese.
- Salt – Salt is needed for taste in the batter, and you may also add salt to taste after the buns are done cooking.
- Ground pepper – As with salt, pepper is needed to add flavor to the batter. You may also add pepper to taste after they are done cooking.
- Baking powder – Baking powder is going to allow your buns to rise in the oven. Without baking powder, your buns would turn out flatter than desired.
- Garlic powder – Garlic powder goes into the batter for seasoning. Garlic is a great spice that will pair well with almost any dish. Garlic also tastes very good with cheese, so it’s perfect for this recipe.
- Dried oregano – Just like garlic powder, oregano pairs great with cheese and adds extra flavor to these keto cheese buns.
Instructions for how to prepare Keto Cheese Buns:
Preheat oven to 320 degrees Fahrenheit.
Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
In a big bowl, beat eggs. Add baking powder, salt, garlic powder, and ground pepper.
Add almond flour and stir to form a dough.
Add mozzarella cheese and stir to combine.
Roll the dough into 20 balls and place them on the prepared baking tray with some space in between each roll.
Bake them for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. You’ll notice they’re ready when the cheese is gratin on the top of the buns.
Let them cool before transferring as they are fragile when warm.
Tips for making Keto Cheese Buns:
Place a chunk of mozzarella cheese in the middle of the buns: Instead of rolling mozzarella cheese all over the roles, you can place a small chunk of mozzarella in the middle of the bun. This way, when you split open the bun, the cheese will melt out of that middle.
Add more seasoning: If you want to add more seasoning like dried parsley or onion powder, feel free to do so. It may add more flavor and make the recipe even more delicious.
How to store: You may keep leftovers in an airtight container but do note that since they are made of almond flour, they will get harder after the first 24hs. To fix this, after 24 hours, you can warm them up in the microwave with a damp paper surrounding the roll.
Other keto recipes you may enjoy:
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ ground pepper
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 320 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a big bowl beat eggs. Add baking powder, salt, garlic powder, and ground pepper.
- Add almond flour and stir to form a dough.
- Add mozzarella cheese and stir to combine.
- Roll the dough into 20 balls and place them with some space in between in the prepared baking tray.
- Bake them for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. You’ll notice they’re ready when the cheese is gratin on the top of the buns.
- Let them cool before transferring as they are fragile when warm.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 90Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 125mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 4g
The nutrition information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. Carb count will vary with different ingredients and brands. It should not be considered as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.