Pecan Pralines are one of the most popular candies in the south. They’re made from sugar, cream, and pecans which creates an amazing crystallized and cloudy candy that melts in your mouth.
Not only are Pecan Pralines delicious, but they’re extremely easy to make. This recipe can be ready to eat in under 45 minutes.
These Keto Pecan Pralines will allow you to indulge in your sweet tooth without breaking your diet. They are made with the traditional ingredients, but if you’d like to make this recipe low-carb, you can sub white sugar for monk fruit sweetener, stevia, or another low-calorie sweetener.
These Keto Pecan Pralines make the perfect dessert for any summer party. This batch will make over 12 yummy servings and will keep nicely in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Even if you don’t have an event to take them to, they make a great dessert that you can snack on throughout the week.
How to prepare Keto Brown Butter Pecan Pralines:
The ingredients you’re going to need to make Keto Pecan Pralines:
- 2 Sticks butter – Pralines are traditionally made with butter, and this recipe is no different. Butter allows for pecan pralines to harden but still melt in your mouth after they are removed from heat. The butter will “harden,” which will help the pralines take their shape. Make sure that you are using unsalted butter.
- ⅔ Cup heavy cream – Heavy cream is another traditional ingredient in pecan pralines. Heavy cream is a must in order to achieve creamy pralines. The main difference between European pralines and southern pralines is the fact that southern pralines contain heavy cream.
- ⅔ Cup sugar – Since this is a keto recipe, we would suggest using monk fruit, stevia, or another low-calorie sweetener. The sweetener must be granulated. If you don’t have any low-calories sweetener, normal white sugar will work just fine. Do note that it will be higher in calories and carbs.
- ½ Teaspoon xanthan gum – Xanthan gum is great in a number of recipes. Xanthan gum allows for other ingredients to expand and come together. This is going to help your keto pecan pralines form into solid shapes.
- 2 Cups pecans, chopped – Every pecan praline recipe contains pecans. Pecans give pralines so much flavor and texture. You can buy prechopped pecans, or you can chop them yourself.
- Sea salt – Sea salt adds a hint of flavor while also enhancing the other flavors. Salt is a great and subtle way to take any recipe to the next level.
In instructions for how to make Keto Pecan Pralines:
In a saucepan, brown the butter over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes.
Stir in the cream, xanthan gum, and sugar.
Remove from heat.
Stir in pecans.
Place mixture in a bowl and cool in the fridge for about an hour, stirring occasionally.
Scoop mixture onto parchment paper-lined cookie sheet, press down slightly.
Sprinkle with sea salt.
Cool until set.
Tips for making Keto Pecan Pralines:
- Allow cooling completely – Allow the keto pecan pralines to fully crystalize before cutting and serving. This could range from 20 minutes to an hour. It really depends on how long the praline mixture was cooked for. Also, if your praline mixture is very thick on the pan, it will take longer to cool.
- Serve with ice cream – Pralines and ice cream go hand in hand together. In the south, pecan praline ice cream is one of their most popular flavors. If you’re looking for a keto ice cream recipe, you can check out these recipes.
- Store in the refrigerator – It’s very important that you store pralines in the refrigerator so that the butter does not become soft. Storing in an air-tight container will help your keto pralines last longer.
Other keto recipes you might enjoy:
- 2 sticks butter
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 cups pecans, chopped
- Sea salt
- In a saucepan, brown the butter over medium-high heat for about 5 mins
- Stir in the cream, xanthan gum, and sugar
- Remove from heat
- Stir in pecans
- Place mixture in a bowl and cool in the fridge for about an hour, stirring occasionally
- Scoop mixture onto parchment paper-lined cookie sheet, press down slightly
- Sprinkle with sea salt
- Cool until set
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 206Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 104mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 1g
The nutrition information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. Carb count will vary with different ingredients and brands. It should not be considered as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.