Cheesy Loaded Keto Cauliflower Casserole is one of my favorite keto side dishes ever! It’s the ultimate low-carb comfort food — and so easy to make, too! Top steamed cauliflower with all the flavors of a Loaded Baked Potato – like bacon, Cheddar cheese, and sour cream — and enjoy!
Easy, Cheesy Cauliflower Casserole
Keto cauliflower casserole, “cauliflower cheese”, cheesy cauliflower bake — whatever you want to call it, I know you’re going to love this recipe! It’s a great keto side dish to serve with main dishes like Dutch Oven Roasted Chicken. It’s also a great keto vegetable dish to serve alongside a hearty soup like Keto Chili, which you can make in the Instant Pot!
How to make Healthy Cauliflower Casserole
I’ll be the first to admit that the word “healthy” means different things to different people. But if you’re following the keto diet, you’re probably looking to cut your carb intake in order to feel healthier. And so, if eating fewer carbs is your goal, you’re going to love this recipe for keto cauliflower casserole.
Keto recipes often suggest using cauliflower as a substitute for potatoes. And for good reason! Did you know that a 100 gram serving of baked potato has 20 net carbs, while the same size serving of roasted cauliflower has 2-3 net carbs? Plus, cauliflower is rich in fiber and nutrients like Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Vitamin B6.
Even if you aren’t following a ketogenic diet, I still think you’ll like this recipe. Healthy cauliflower casserole is one of those dishes that my whole family enjoys — kids included!
Ingredients in Loaded Cauliflower Casserole
In developing this recipe, I wanted to recreate the flavors of a loaded baked potato. So, to a base of easy, steamed cauliflower, I added:
- salty, savory bacon
- shredded cheddar cheese
- tangy sour cream
- a bit of cream cheese
- and a sprinkle of green onion
All of the ingredients come together in the heat of the oven to create a bubbly, cheesy, keto cauliflower casserole that your family is going to love!
How to make Keto Cauliflower Casserole
This recipe for keto cauliflower casserole is very simple — like most casserole dishes are.
I like to start out by steaming cauliflower florets on the stovetop. I find it important to cook the cauliflower first, before baking it, since the casserole itself doesn’t cook that long.
If you don’t want to steam the cauliflower on the stove, you could try pan roasting it first. Roasting the cauliflower gives this dish even more flavor!
Then, after the cauliflower is cooked and drained of excess water, you’ll combine it with the toppings. First mix the sour cream, softened cream cheese, shredded Cheddar cheese, bacon, green onion, and spices in a large bowl. Then, toss with the cauliflower florets until they are well coated. If you want, you can sprinkle on even more cheese, and bake until bubbly. It’s that simple!
Variations on Keto Cauliflower Casserole
There are a lot of ways to adapt this recipe to fit your tastes, as well as the ingredients you have on hand.
- For example, if I have both broccoli and cauliflower in the fridge, I will steam both vegetables to use as the base of this casserole. This is one way to make keto broccoli casserole!
- If you want a spicy twist on this recipe, try adding some finely diced jalapenos or a can of green chiles to the vegetables. Then, top with shredded pepper jack cheese!
- I most often make this recipe with steamed cauliflower — but you could also make this with pan roasted cauliflower, or even mashed cauliflower. If you start off with mashed cauliflower, you’d end up with a dish that tastes just like keto twice baked potatoes!
- To make this dish even faster, you could start with a bag of frozen cauliflower — either frozen cauliflower florets or riced cauliflower. You will need to add a few minutes to the cook time, so keep an eye on that towards the end of cooking.
- And finally, you could turn this side dish into a complete one-pan dinner by adding a few cups of shredded cooked chicken to the mix. If you go this route, you may want to add a few extra tablespoons of the sour cream and shredded cheese — just to make sure you can a bit of creamy sauce in every bite.
More Keto Cauliflower Recipes
Cauliflower is a popular ingredient in keto cooking! If you like cauliflower, check out some of the other keto cauliflower recipes I have on the blog.
Creamy Keto Mashed Cauliflower is a yummy side dish made with cauliflower.
And if you are looking for the best recipe for cauliflower rice, check out 3 Easy Ways to Make Keto Cauliflower Rice.
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 strips bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a small casserole dish with non-stick spray.
- In a steamer insert over boiling water, steam the cauliflower florets for 5 minutes, until crisp-tender. (You can also blanch the cauliflower in boiling water for 4-5 minutes.) Remove from heat, and drain if necessary to remove excess water.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, stir together the sour cream and cream cheese, until smooth. Stir in the shredded cheese, chopped bacon, green onion, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Add the cauliflower florets to the bowl and mix with the sauce.
- Pour the cauliflower mixture into the casserole dish. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the cheese melts and the sauce is bubbly.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 320 Total Fat: 26g Saturated Fat: 13g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 74mg Sodium: 820mg Carbohydrates: 8g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 4g Protein: 15g
Don’t Forget to Pin this Post!