Keto Chocolate Truffles
Keto chocolate truffles are one of the easiest and most delicious low carb candy recipes to make. Two keto-friendly ingredients are all it takes to create a chocolate dessert so creamy and decadent — you won’t believe it’s low carb.
If you find yourself reaching for sweets after dinner – reach fro these keto chocolates instead.
Do you have 20 minutes, a microwave, and a strong need for chocolate? Cool. Then you should make these babies.
Ingredients for Keto Chocolate Truffles
This recipe starts out with quality chocolate and heavy cream. There are only really 2 ingredients in this recipe — so you want to make sure that each of them is great quality and has great flavor.
Here’s what you need for the recipe:
- Sugar-free, high-quality chocolate, chopped. You can also use chips.
- Heavy whipping cream
And technically, that’s it. But you can also choose 1 or 2 of these optional flavorings.
- vanilla extract
- almond extract
- mint extract
- instant espresso
How to Make Keto Chocolate Truffles
Start by heating cream to a simmer. You can use a heavy saucepan to do this — make sure to stir with a spatula to prevent burning. Once the cream is just simmering, pour the cream over the chocolate. Allow the cream and chocolate to stand for a few minutes, then stir until smooth.
Or, what I often do, is heat the heavy cream and chocolate chips together in a microwave-safe bowl. First for a minute. And then in short bursts of 20 seconds until completely melted.
If you are using one of the optional flavorings, add it to the cream and chocolate mixture. Stir to combine.
Allow the chocolate truffle mixture to cool on the counter for a bit, and then place in the refrigerator until firm. If you leave it in the fridge for too long, and it gets too firm, you can set it on the counter to warm up a bit before scooping.
Use a teaspoon or a small cookie scoop to portion the chocolate truffle mixture onto a plate or a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Roll the balls in your hands quickly to shape them into balls.
If you are feeling fancy, roll the shaped truffles in cocoa powder or chopped nuts to coat. Chopped almonds would be great. And chopped hazelnuts would give you a real Nutella vibe.
More Keto Dessert Recipes
- 8 ounces of sugar-free, high-quality chocolate, chopped. (Lilly's brand is great)
- 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream
Optional flavorings (choose 1):
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon instant espresso
- Cocoa powder
- Finely chopped nuts
- Heat cream to a simmer in a small heavy saucepan. Stir with a spatula to prevent burning. If you are using one of the optional flavorings, add it to the cream. Stir to combine.
- Place the chopped chocolate in a separate bowl. Once the cream is just simmering, pour the cream over the chocolate. Allow the cream and chocolate to stand for a few minutes, then stir until smooth.
- Allow the chocolate truffle mixture to cool, and then place in the refrigerator until firm.
- Use a teaspoon or a small cookie scoop to portion the chocolate truffle mixture onto a plate or a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Roll the balls in your hands quickly to shape. If the truffles have softened too much from the heat of your hands, return to the refrigerator to firm.
- Roll the truffles in cocoa powder or chopped nuts to coat. You make want to coat them twice for best coverage. Store covered in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 128Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 10mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 1g
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #greenandketo on Instagram. Happy eating!
Pin this for later!