These keto chocolate crunch bars are every dieter’s dreams-come-true, especially if they’re on the keto diet where carbs are next to non-existent.
You need just a few simple ingredients; these bars are crunchy, chocolatey, and oh-so-delicious. Plus, they’re low in carbs and high in healthy fats, making them the perfect snack or dessert for those on the keto diet.
While this may sound too good to be true, today’s recipe post will show you just how easy it is to make your batch of keto chocolate crunch bars.
Since you can prepare them in batches, and the amount of servings per batch is pretty big, they’re perfect for entertaining or when you want to have a healthy snack on hand.
Ingredients for keto chocolate crunch bars
Here’s a complete list of ingredients that we used to make these amazing crunch bars:
- One cup of sugar-free chocolate chips: While these are the main ingredient of our recipe, you can also chop a low-carb chocolate bar into small pieces. A chopped, plain, and low-carb chocolate bar will melt the same as sugar-free chocolate chips.
- One cup peanut butter: We recommend using natural peanut butter because it’s runnier and does not have added sugar like other types of peanut butter. You can also try out different nut butters; almond butter is another great choice.
- 1/2 cup sugar-free syrup: This is a low-calorie and low-carb sweetener that mixes well with peanut butter. It’s a great way to add sweetness to recipes without adding extra calories or carbs.
- 1/4 cup coconut oil: This helps the chocolate melt without burning and helps the ingredients blend more smoothly.
- Two cups of seeds and nuts of choice: You can use whatever nuts you like. Some great examples include cashews, walnuts, almonds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, etc.
How do I prepare a batch of keto chocolate crunch bars?
By following these simple steps, you’ll have your keto chocolate crunch bars ready in no time:
- Prepare the baking dish: Line an 8×8-inch baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- Melt the ingredients: Combine your chocolate chips, peanut butter, syrup, and coconut oil and melt in a saucepan over the stovetop, stirring until combined. Alternatively, you can melt them in a microwave-safe bowl for 30 seconds.
- Add the crunchy nuts: Add the mixed nuts and seeds of choice to the chocolate mixture, and mix until fully combined.
- Let the chocolate cool off: Pour the mixture into the lined baking dish and spread using a spatula. Refrigerate or freeze until firm.
- Serve them: Remove the chocolate from the baking dish and cut it into 12 equal bars. Keep refrigerated and enjoy cold.
How to store keto chocolate bars:
The best way to store your keto chocolate crunch bars is in an airtight container with a wax paper lining to preserve freshness and prevent sticking.
You can store these crispy keto chocolate bars in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Variations to keto chocolate bars:
What’s also great about these bars is that you can easily customize them to your liking, so feel free to try out different variations of our keto chocolate bars.
Here are a few of our favorite ways to change this recipe. All of these variations are also low-carb and keto-friendly:
- Different shades of chocolate: Nowadays, you can find zero-sugar versions of any kind of chocolate, including dark chocolate, milk chocolate, and even white chocolate. So, if you want to switch things up, feel free to try out different types of sugar-free chocolate.
- Almond butter: Feel free to swap peanut butter for any natural nut butter. We like almond butter, cashew butter, or mixed nut butter. All mix super well and taste great with chocolate. The choice is yours but just make sure the nut butter you chose doesn’t have any added sugar.
- Coconut flakes: If you’re someone who likes coconut, feel free to add unsweetened coconut flakes to these chocolate bars. Add them in when you add in the mixed nuts, or top them on the bars before refrigerating. This will give you an Almond Joy taste!
- Flakey sea salt: Flakey sea salt tastes amazing, topped on chocolate, so feel free to add some on top of these keto chocolate bars. Just sprinkle a small amount on top of the bars before refrigerating.
- Butter: If you don’t have coconut oil, you can use butter instead. This will help the chocolate chips melt without burning and combine the other ingredients. Coconut oil works better for this recipe, but you can use butter if you’re in a pinch.
Frequently Asked Questions
The next section of our guide will answer some of the most commonly asked questions about keto chocolate bars and homemade chocolate bars in general.
What kind of chocolate bar can you eat on keto?
Is peanut butter keto?
Peanut butter, along with most other nut butters, is keto-friendly since they’re low in carbs and high in healthy fats, and they also happen to taste amazing. However, it’s important to ensure the store-bought nut butter does not have added sugar.
How do you satisfy a sweet tooth on keto?
If you want to satisfy your sweet tooth, you can have sugar-free chocolate and desserts sweetened with low-calorie/low-carb sweeteners on a keto diet that will satisfy your sweet tooth.
Other keto recipes you might enjoy:
Here are a few other easy sweet keto recipes that we think you’ll enjoy! Including various foods in your diet is a great way to ensure your diet is sustainable and one you enjoy. That means including sweet foods along with savory foods.
In addition to more keto recipes on our page, we also have many keto resources that are perfect if you’re just starting a keto diet. We want to help you get on track and be successful in your low-carb lifestyle.
We hope you enjoyed this guide on how to make keto chocolate bars. These bars are perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth while sticking to your low-carb diet, and they’re super easy to make with just a few simple ingredients.
Don’t forget to try out some of the variations we mentioned earlier, especially since there are endless possibilities for these chocolate bars!
If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to leave us a comment below. We love hearing from you!
Keep refrigerated and enjoy cold. The nutrition information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. Carb count will vary with different ingredients and brands. It should not be considered as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 368Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 189mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 5gSugar: 3gProtein: 11g
Keep refrigerated and enjoy cold.
The nutrition information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. Carb count will vary with different ingredients and brands. It should not be considered as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.