Creamy Garlic Parmesan Brussels Sprouts with Bacon is a delicious keto side dish recipe that is sure to be a big hit at the dinner table!
Saute tender brussels sprouts with crispy bacon and a creamy cheese sauce for a low-carb side dish you won’t soon forget.
Keto Garlic Parmesan Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
If you’re getting bored with your usual low-carb vegetable recipes, you’ve got to try these Keto Brussels Sprouts topped with a Creamy Garlic Sauce.
In this easy recipe, fresh brussels sprouts simmer with garlic, bacon, and a blend of Parmesan and Mozzarella cheese to make a dish that’s truly amazing — all in about 30 minutes on the stovetop.
Ingredients in Creamy Garlic Brussels Sprouts
The main ingredient in this recipe, of course, is fresh brussels sprouts. Brussels sprouts are a healthy and nutritious vegetable, making them a good choice for the keto diet or other ways of eating. Brussels Sprouts are a great source of Vitamin C, Vitamin K, and fiber too!
1 cup of brussels sprouts contains:
Protein: 3 grams
Carbs: 8 grams
Sugar: 1.9 grams
Fiber: 3.3 grams
Net Carbs: 4.7 grams
To make this recipe, you’ll need:
- Fresh brussels sprouts. You can buy fresh bagged sprouts or sprouts that are still attached to a stalk. When you are shopping, look for brussels sprouts that are vibrant green, tightly closed, and on the smaller size. Smaller sprouts will cook more quickly than the larger sprouts.
- Crisp bacon. Look for sugar-free bacon for the fewest carbs.
- Heavy Cream. Sometimes called whipping cream.
- A blend of cheeses. I like a mixture of Parmesan and Mozzarella in this recipe. But you can use your favorite melting cheese instead. Some good choices include Cheddar, Gruyere, or Provolone.
- Garlic. I definitely prefer to use fresh garlic cloves in the recipes. 2-3 cloves are good, depending on size. In this particular recipe, I think it’s better than garlic powder — and it only takes a little bit more work.
How to Trim Brussels Sprouts
For this recipe, it’s best to prepare the fresh brussels sprouts by trimming and halving them. If your sprouts are still attached to the stalk, cut them off first. Then, give them a good rinse.
To trim: Using a sharp paring knife, trim off the bottom (stem end) of each Brussels sprout. Then, cut each Brussels sprout in half lengthwise, from tip to trimmed end. Remove any yellow or damaged leaves.
How to Make Brussels Sprouts with Creamy Garlic Sauce.
This keto side dish is actually pretty easy to put together. It’s a one-pan dish that you can make in a large skillet on the stovetop. It will quickly become a favorite in your dinner rotation.
The first thing to do is to cook the bacon. Place the bacon strips in a large skillet and cook on medium heat until crispy. Remove the cooked bacon to a paper-towel-lined plate to drain. Once it’s cool, you can chop it, and set it aside for later.
Then, in about 2 tablespoons of reserved bacon fat, start to saute the halved brussels sprouts. Cook the sprouts for about 6-8 minutes, until they start to brown and become tender. Add the minced garlic, give it a stir, and saute for a minute longer. Be careful not to let the garlic burn!
Next, add the heavy cream, and bring the mixture up to a simmer. Now, depending on how “done” you like your brussels sprouts, you can simmer them in the cream sauce for at least 4 minutes or up to 6-7 minutes. You should also cover the pan with a lid so the cream doesn’t reduce too much as you simmer the brussels sprouts. Remember, the longer you cook them, the softer they get.
The great thing about this creamy garlic sauce is that it doesn’t need any flour, cornstarch, or xanthan gum to thicken it up. So, once the Brussels sprouts are cooked through, add the cheeses and stir to melt. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add back the bacon, and serve.
As a note: Frozen sprouts would work well in this recipe too.
How to Store Creamy Garlic Brussels Sprouts
If you have leftovers, store in a lidded container in the refrigerator for up to three days. I do not recommend freezing this dish.
Other Keto Side Dishes
For more keto vegetable sides dishes, try:
- 6 strips of bacon
- 1 1/2 pounds brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, cook bacon for about 5 minutes until crispy. Drain, chop and set aside.
- To the same pan, in about 2 tbsp of reserved bacon fat, saute brussels sprouts for about 6-8 minutes. Add the garlic, and saute for 1 minute more until the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the heavy cream, and simmer for 4-6 minutes (You may need to cover the pan with a lid to keep the cream from reducing too much.)
- Add the cheeses and stir to melt. And salt and pepper to taste. Add back the bacon, and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 273Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 64mgSodium: 549mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 11g
Save this Recipe
Pin this recipe to your keto recipes board on Pinterest so that you can come back and find it later.